Hi it’s great to meet you – I am Shona Stephenson, your personal trainer, running coach, sports nutritionist and I’m a mobile trainer based in Brisbane.
I love exercise and I am passionate about helping people get fit, live life to the fullest and get the most our of their day. I believe in a holistic approach to health and fitness, that is why I am keen to support you through your wellness journey. Yes I am elite ultra-trail runner, x-elite gymnast who also loved yoga. I did not start my 13 years of adventures until I was 29 and just wanted to loose weight after having my children. I lost 18kgs in a year and took up trail running and have never looked back. My love for adventure has taken me all over the world competing as a sponsored athlete and I am still racing into my 40s.
Our sessions together will be designed to build a balanced body to improve your range of motion and prevent injuries now and into the future. We can have a chat about your goals in our initial complimentary consultation. You will also have a postural analysis that will help us determine what needs to be strengthened or stretched and from there we will work on a safe strength, stretching and cardiovascular program for you. I’m pretty good at reading my clients energy levels at the start of the sessions and can quickly alter the session to make sure you have a session especially designed to get the most out of you no matter how good or bad you feel. My back ground comes from being an elite gymnast as a child and now a top 10 Ultra Trail World Tour elite athlete.
Your nutritional intake is the difference between you reaching your health and fitness goal or not. The difference form feeling amazing when you wake up in the morning ready to take on the day or feeling rubbish. A well balanced nutrition plan will help you stay healthy throughout your exercise journey. It is an important part of the process and why I include a 2 week meal planner as part of your package. I believe in an anti inflammatory diet, meaning eat the foods that do not inflame your digestive system and support a healthy gut microbiome. I am a celiac and asthmatic, yes exercise induced asthmatic, I really do use my diet to help control my inflammatory responses throughout my body. I am looking forward to teaching you how to do this too.
Running is such a natural way to exercise for some, effortless but for others it’s a real struggle. I’ve been helping people improve their technique, increase their speed and endurance with their race times for over 11 years. I would be excited to help you achieve your next race goal for 2020 and hopefully share some of my practical knowledge with you as I have been lucky enough travel the world racing events like UTMB, UTA, UTMF, Tarawera Ultra, Blackall 100, Northbourne, Hakuba International Trails, Mont Blanc Marathon and more. I also enjoy training athletes for team events to and have helped many running race in events like Oxfam, Kokoda Challenge and Coastrek. These team events are a great way to build up confidence in a safe environment while building up your skills within the group.
Following an individual training program it the most important tool we can use to help you get to your athletic goal this year. I usually write the first week, then 1 month then push it out to a 3 month program for my clients. I can provide this program to you in either a spread sheet or utilise an online training program builder app like “Training Peaks”. I am also on STRAVA so I can check up on your training runs on these apps too. You can call or text me whenever you like with questions about your program, how you are feeling, if an injury pops up or if you need help with your sports nutrition. I am there to support you all the way through your training program right up to the finish line of your event.
- 2014 1st Place Blackall 100 Current Record Holder 10:59:59
- 2014 1st Place 42.2 and 21.2 Lamington Classic
- 2014 8th Ultra Trail World Tour Ranking
- 2014 10th Place UTMB
- 2014 1st Mixed team Kokoda Challenge
- 2014 1st female team Oxfam TW Brisbane
- 2014 9th Place Ultra Trail Australia (sick for last 20km)
- 2014 6th Place Tarawera Ultra 100km
- 2014 2nd Place Spartan Sprint
- 2014 1st Place Hares and Hounds 50km Solo
- 2013 1st Place Hakuba International Trails 50km Hakuba Japan
- 2013 2nd Place Sydney Trail Series Race 3
- 2013 9th Place Mt Blanc Marathon Chamonix France
- 2013 3rd Place Ultra Trail Australia 11 Hours 45 Minutes PB
- 2013 1st Place Sydney Trail Series Race 3 Fastest Lap for the Series 49:25
- 2013 2nd Place Ultra Trail Mt Fuji UTMF 26 Hours 56 Minutes Japan
- 2013 1st Place Northburn 100 Mile Debut 100 Mile 3rd Place Overall New Course Record 24 Hours 26 Minutes New Zealand
- 2013 Coastrek Team Event Palm Beach to Balmoral Beach 50km New Course Record 5 Hours 53 Minutes
- 2013 1st Place Australian Ultra Runners Trail National Championships Maroondah Dam 50km
- 2013 1st Place Sydney Trail Series STS Race 3 10.2km. New Course Record.
- 2013 1st Place Sydney Trail Series STS Race 2 10.2km. New Course Record.
- 2012 1st Place Sydney Trail Series STS Race 1 10.2km. Course Record.
- 2012 1st Place in 30/50 Challenge with No Roads Expeditions team mate Beth Cardelli. Course Record.
- 2012 unofficial 2nd female and 3rd overall for the GNW 100K (Retired sick from GNW100M with a bacteria lung infection after 110km).
- 2012 1st Place Great Ocean Walk 100km. Course Record.
- 2012 1st Place Inaugural Surf Coast Century 100km. Course Record.
- 2012 1st Place Coastal Classic. Course Record.
- 2012 1st Place Oxfam Trail Walker Sydney. Mixed Team Record.
- 2012 1st Place Foot Point Trail Series Race 1 and 2.
- 2012 3rd Place in The North Face 100km
- 2012 3rd Place in the Glow Worn Tunnel Marathon
- 2012 4th Place in the Woodford to Glenbrook
- 2012 1st Place Coastrek 50km Palm Beach to Balmoral Beach. Course Record.
- 2011 1st Place GNW 100km. Course Record.
- 2011 1st Place Coastal Classic. Course Record.
- 2011 2nd Fitzroy Falls Marathon
- 2011 1st Place Coastrek. Course Record.
- 2011 9th Place in the 6 Foot Track
- 2011 1st Place The Great Nosh
- 2010 12th Place 6 Foot Track
- 2009 1st Place Deep Space Mountain Marathon. (My first Marathon ).
- 2019 4th Place Blackall 100
- 2019 Inaugural Brisbane Trail Ultra 530 entrants
- 2018 Founded Brisbane Trail Ultra
- 2017 6th Place Blackall 100
- 2017 3rd Mixed team Kokoda Challenge.
- 2017 1st Place Brisbane Trail Marathon
- 2017 1st place overall Darkness to Daylight cooperate challenge.
- 2017 1st Place Mt Mee Marathon New Record Holder
- 2016 1st Place Blackall 100
- 2016 3rd place Coastal High
- 2016 1st mixed team place Oxfam TW Brisbane
- 2016 2nd place Brisbane Trail Marathon
- 2015 1st Place Blackall 100
- 2015 6th Place UTMF Japan.
- 2015 1st Place Run Larapinta Stage Event
- 2015 3rd Ultra Trail Australia 11:47
- 2015 Tarawera Ultra 100 6th Place 9 hours 45 minutes
2018 – Present
- 2020 – Brisbane Trail Ultra Training Camps
- 2019 – ABC National Radio Guest Running Coach
- 2019 – Brisbane Trail Ultra Training Camps
- 2019 – Guest speak international running day The Westin Brisbane
- 2018 – Guest Sports Nutritionist Speaker Binna Burra Lodge Yoga Retreat
- 2018 – Guest Sports Nutritionist Speaker Binna Burra Lodge Yoga Retreat
- 2017- Ultra Training Australia Training Camps
- 2015- Blackall 100 Panel Guest Speaker
- 2015 – Ultra Training Australia Training Camps
- 2014 – Ultra Trail Australia Panel Guest Speaker
- 2013 – Ultra Training Australia Training Camps
- 2013 – Hakuba International Trails Guest Athlete
- 2013 – Tarawera Ultra Panel Guest Speaker
Let’s get cracking