Here is my go to, feel good vitality juice that is packed with energy boosting goodness.
It’s so simple and easy to make all you need is a juicer and Carrot, celery, beetroot and apples. That’s it have this juice every day and I can guarantee that you will feel better, increase your endurance and recover faster.
Beetroots are an awesome super food packed with fibre, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. Studies on beetroots have found that they improve your blood flow, lower blood pressure, improved lung function and increased exercise performance by up to 16%. Many of these benefits are due to their high content of inorganic nitrates. Boom!
Carrots are a fantastic source of beta carotene, fiber, vitamin K1, potassium, Biotin B7 and antioxidants. They also have a number of health benefits. They’re a weight-loss-friendly food and have been linked to lower cholesterol levels and improved eye health. Their carotene antioxidants have been linked to a reduced risk of cancer. Orange carrots get their bright colour from beta carotene, an antioxidant that your body converts into vitamin A.
Celery are packed full of antioxidants that help to protect cells, blood vessels, and organs from oxidative damage. Celery also contains immune boosting and skin supporting vitamin C, plus cancer fighting beta carotene and flavonoids, but there are at least 12 additional kinds of antioxidant nutrients found in a single stalk. It’s also a wonderful source of phytonutrients, which have been shown to reduce instances of inflammation in the digestive tract, cells, blood vessels, and organs. Celery contains minerals like magnesium, iron, and sodium, celery can have a neutralising effect on acidic foods — not to mention the fact that these minerals are necessary for essential bodily functions. Also snack on them whole for their amazing fibre.
Apples are packed full of manganese, copper, and the vitamins A, E, B1, B2, and B6. Apples are also a rich source of polyphenols which is an anti oxidant. Apples contain pectin, a type of fiber that acts as a prebiotic. This means it feeds the good bacteria in your gut. Researchers believe that the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds in fruit may help promote bone density and strength. Have these babies in a juice but also snack on them whole for their amazing fibre.
Vitamins and Minerals in your juice
- Folate (vitamin B9). One of the B vitamins, folate is important for normal tissue growth and cell function. It’s particularly necessary for pre-pregnancy and pregnant women.
- Manganese. An essential trace element, manganese is found in high amounts in whole grains, legumes, fruits, and vegetables.
- Potassium. A diet high in potassium can lead to reduced blood pressure levels and positive effects on heart health.
- Iron. An essential mineral, iron has many important functions in your body. It’s necessary for the transport of oxygen in red blood cells.
- Vitamin C. This well-known vitamin is a powerful antioxidant that is important for immune function and skin health.
- Vitamin K1: Also known as phylloquinone, vitamin K1 is important for blood coagulation and can promote bone health.
- Vitamin B1, or thiamin, helps prevent complications in the nervous system, brain, muscles, heart, stomach, and intestines. It is also involved in the flow of electrolytes into and out of muscle and nerve cells. It helps prevent diseases such as beriberi, which involves disorders of the heart, nerves, and digestive system.
- Vitamin B2, or riboflavin, is one of eight B vitamins that are essential for human health. It can be found in grains, plants, and dairy products. It is crucial for breaking down food components, absorbing other nutrients, and maintaining tissues. Vitamin B2 is a water-soluble vitamin, so it dissolves in water. All vitamins are either water soluble or fat soluble. Water-soluble vitamins are carried through the bloodstream, and whatever is not needed passes out of the body in urine. People need to consume vitamin B2 every day, because the body can only store small amounts, and supplies go down rapidly.
- Vitamin B6: A group of related vitamins, B6 is involved in the conversion of food into energy.
- Biotin B7: A, B7 vitamin formerly known as vitamin H, biotin plays an important role in fat and protein metabolism. It helps covert food into energy. It helps to keep your skin, eyes, nails and hair healthy.
So with all these energy boosting vitamin and minerals pumping through your system every day you are going to feel, better, perform at a higher level and recover faster.